7 Best Laundry Hacks to Save You Time and Money
Laundry is an essential household chore that needs to be completed by civilians in homes across the planet. Just like any other household chore, you want to find the most efficient way to get things done and reduce the work and time it takes to complete your load of laundry. By saving time on completing your laundry, you will free up space to be able to spend time with your loved ones and enjoy time for yourself to sit back and relax when needed. There are several laundry hacks that are available to help make your life easier and the tedious task more enjoyable. Here are some of the most common and useful laundry tips and hacks that will save you time and money:
- Organizing your laundry room: Having an organized space for any chore allows you to utilize your tools at the best capability. This way, you have easy access to your laundry detergents and cleaning supplies. With an organized room, you can reach for what you need and get your load of laundry started right away. With proper storage in your laundry room, you can stock up and put away all your laundry supply needs, such as dryer sheets/dryer balls, stain remover, laundry detergents, pods, etc.
- Having efficient washer and dryer machines: Utilizing your laundry room space to carry the top models of front load or top load washing machines will help to reduce the cost associated with water used and energy utilized. These machines can quickly and effectively dry your clothes faster allowing you to start saving time waiting for your load of laundry to complete.
- Creating separate loads: Sorting your clothes before washing is one of the hacks to save you time. Separating your clothes by colors, whites, and linens and placing them in separate hampers will make multiple loads of laundry a breeze, allowing you to save time on sorting each load as you place it into the washing machines.
- Hand Washing: Hand washing your delicates will not only help to preserve the quality of your luxurious pieces but will also help by avoiding any damage that can be done to your clothes within the washing machine.
- Clean your vents: For optimal dryer usage, it is important that you clean the lint traps before each use. This ensures that they are clean and free of lint. By doing this, you support a more effective drying process and reduce the energy used. This also can help to avoid any potential fire hazards within your drying machine.
- Go the DIY route: laundry soaps can be expensive, and it is a necessity. Purchasing soaps while they are on sale is a straightforward way to help save you money, and you can keep sale updates on your smart devices. Buying in bulk can help by being a cost-effective choice. A new saving hack is making your own soap! Check out DIY laundry soap tutorials and have a fun crafts day.
- Drop the Temperature: A simple money saving hack many people do not know about is to complete all of your laundry loads with cold water. This helps to reduce the amount of energy used within the washing machines, therefore, reducing the cost of your electrical and energy bill. As an extra, reduce the costs of running your dryer by hang drying your clothes. This will allow for you to reduce the costs of operating your laundry machines on a regular basis. If creases in your clothes is a worry with your drying wire, you can add a pool noodle to it and lay your clothes over that way.
At Commercial Laundries Orlando, we work hard to support our customers in having an enjoyable, stress free experience doing laundry. We are here to help you find and explore new ways to save money and time during your laundry days.