The laundry equipment you provide is an important factor in keeping your tenants and residents happy. Customers must be satisfied with the quality of the washing and drying of their belongings.
When it comes to choosing the right coin or card operated washer and dryer for your property, you have many choices – from manufacturer and model to which supplier you want to partner with. As a property owner or manager of an apartment building or multi-housing complex, condominium or hotel, you should be choosing equipment based on brand reputation, energy efficiency, durability and ease of use.
Innovative technology has allowed for the development of a broad array of energy efficient commercial washing machines and dryers – from front load to top load to stackable washers and dryers.
The size and the layout of your laundry center is also a factor in choosing the right coin or card operated washer and dryer for your property. No matter the size, your facility should be designed with the intention of maximizing the space. Some property’s lack drying capacity; there are not enough dryers resulting in delays for residents. The stack dryer (one tumbler stacked on top of another) allows you to double your drying capacity in the space occupied by a single dryer. Energy efficiency, history of repairs and parts availability should be considered.
Here are more tips to help you in choosing the right coin op washer and dryer for your property:
- What kind of items will be washed? Volume? Frequency? These are important questions to help determine the size of machinery that is required.
- Top load or front load? Top loaders generally use more energy and water, but, they’re more convenient if you’re limited on space. Front load washers have the potential for mildew build up as well as excess sudzing associated with the use of improper detergents. There is also an increased chance of spillages resulting in drainage issues with older plumbing systems.
- Consider the long-term operational costs.
- Options and features. Maintenance. Top load washers are more economical over the long term due to the replacement parts being less expensive.
- Price. The quality of the machine is very important; extra features raise the value significantly, hence, it’s important to only pay for exactly what you need in order to get the most for your money. Although extra features look great, they’re worth avoiding if they will rarely be used, and the repair costs on any of these features are usually expensive